Welcome to this edition of your Club Newsletter.
This is the first edition we have managed to put together since March for obvious reasons and we wish you all a safe and enjoyable bowling season.
Committee - There have been some changes concerning the Club but I will start with the Management Committee. Our Vice Chairman, Irene Minnis, was the first to resign this year and we wish her well in her retirement. She has been replaced on Committee by Janet Bell. Sadly, our Chairman Ronnie McKitterick, has been forced to stand down for health reasons. We wish him well for the future and thank him for his many years of service. Chris Mulholland has taken over as Honorary Secretary and this has allowed me to step in as Chairman, so, this Newsletter is obviously my last as Editor, after 13 years. I wish Chris good luck in his role ahead.
Subscriptions & Rink Fees - More on the new leagues below but may I remind everyone that rink fees remain the same. Subscriptions likewise remain the same, and prompt payments would be appreciated, and certainly before October 20th. Please note that to help avoid queueing at the office, subscriptions can be paid over the phone.
The Restaurant is up and running too, but with restricted hours. I would like to thank Carl and Dorta for operating under trying circumstances and continuing to serve up excellent food.
Covid 19 Safety Measures
· Front Doors are clearly marked for entrance & exit, please follow the one-way system within the club
· Please make use of the hand sanitiser on entry to the club and further sanitisers are provided within the club for use as required
· Clean and sanitised mats and jack will be on the rink ready for use, after finishing play, please place used mats and jack in the plastic boxes provided at both greens
· Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of your game and leave promptly afterwards to allow staff time to get the rinks ready for the next session (unless visiting the restaurant before/after your game)
· Players should maintain social-distancing from others when inside the club premises at all time.
Leagues – a reminder that the initial leagues are only running for 9 weeks due to the ever-changing guidelines, so if you haven’t got entered into one yet, there will be another opportunity in early November. Please note the following:
Pairs leagues – 4 bowls each player Triples leagues – 2 bowls each player
Please make an effort to play all games when scheduled and any cancelled games should be played within 2 weeks
BIIBC Internationals – the club was due to host this competition in March 2021, it has now been provisionally put back until October 2021. Both the AIIB and IWIBA will be holding qualifying competitions for this event during this season.
The Inter-Club Competition for both Ladies and Men will be starting shortly – watch the noticeboards for further information.
Club Competitions will be run as usual and entry forms for these will be available soon.
Shop – the shop remains open for all your bowling equipment, and in the current circumstances, members must make an appointment to gain access to it.
Coaching – it is hoped to start Coaching Sessions for beginners/new members during October – details will be posted within the club shortly.