Welcome to another year – a big one for the Club.
1. AIIB (men) Finals are here on 21st and 22nd January- come and support not only our players but Ronnie McKitterick in his Presidential year.
2. The IWIBA (ladies) Finals are in Ballybrakes (14th and 15th January) this year and we wish all our ladies well.
3. Our friends from the Republic are here to run their annual tournament on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th January.
4. Our colleagues from the Irish Short Mat are at the Club on Saturday 7th January.
5. IMPORTANT: Dales will be here all day on Tuesday January 3rd, so no afternoon or evening play will be possible.
THEREFORE: Can I appeal to ALL our members NOT to wear outdoor shoes coming from the carpark straight onto the green. This habit is really out of order, and anyone seen doing this will be disciplined.
Plus, I should add – in wet weather please wipe your feet properly.
6. The Beginners Pairs league starts on Monday January 9th at 7.15pm
7. Our BIBC male team will give the ladies from the Irish International team a game on Sunday January 8th.
Club Shop: John informs me that this year’s SALE will be soon – watch the noticeboards for dates! New Club shirts are now available from sizes 8/9 up to 5XL.
Note: All bowlers are requested when they are about to start a game on a rink (say, at the changeover at 11.30am), not to place their bowls onto the rink until the previous game has completely finished.
BIIBC Championships : in March. We have to run a daily raffle, so we are appealing to all our members if you want to donate any presents surplus to your requirements after Christmas, they will be gratefully received.
As we approach March it is important that we do not lose too many league games (our main source of revenue). Can I once again appeal to all our members to POSTPONE games and rearrange them – ie not to cancel games. It has been suggested (not for the first time) that if a rink cancels a game they should pay the rink fees anyway. I would be interested to hear what club members think about this. Please speak to me.
Proof that we start them early in Belfast!!!