RULES FOR RETURNING TO INDOOR BOWLS
These rules have been devised to facilitate our members returning to indoor bowls.
· If any member or visitor feels unwell or has any symptoms of Covid – persistent dry cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell, then they should not enter the club.
· Players must come dressed to play with bowls and shoes in a bag which they can change into at the side of the rink.
· Players are asked to ensure that their bowls, shoes and equipment are sanitised prior to entering the club.
· Players are asked to enter the premises no earlier than 15 minutes before starting to play, and must leave immediately afterwards, unless frequenting the restaurant or bar.
· Players must practice safe hygiene at all times and adhere to social distancing regulations.
· Pre-game and post-game handshakes or gestures involving contact with other bowlers are not allowed.
· The wearing of face masks by all members and visitors whilst bowling is optional.
· A maximum of 30 players will be allowed on the bowling greens during each session.
· The club has introduced a one-way system on entering the premises, which members must adhere to at all times.
· On entering the club, all members and visitors must report to the duty office and give your name & contact number for the NHS track and trace. This information will be used for this purpose only.
· Rinks must be booked in advance by phone or email.
· Players are encouraged to pay their rink fees by contactless debit / credit card.
· When exiting the club please follow the appropriate signage. Players on the top green (rinks 8 – 13) may leave by the top door (the exit by the shop).
· Players and visitors must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times inside the club.
PLAYING THE SPORT – MATS / JACKS /SCORING
· Clean, sanitised mats and jacks will be in place on each rink at the start of each session.
· All mats and jacks must be deposited in the designated boxes at the end of each session, to be removed by staff for sanitising.
· Players must only use and touch their own bowls.
· Casual play – players are restricted to a maximum of 6 people per rink.
· In multiple player games, 1 person from each side must be nominated to touch the mat and jack.
· Scoring – rink scoreboards will be available on request. During a match, 2 scorecards will be issued per rink. Players will need to use their own pens and must place the completed cards in the designated box at the end of the game.
· When changing ends, players are asked to keep to the left hand side of the rink and maintain social distancing guidelines.
CHANGING ROOMS / TOILETS / GENERAL HYGIENE
· The changing rooms will be closed. Members will be allowed one-time access to retrieve their bowls and shoes if needed, but must take them away with them when they leave.
· Toilets are available, but restrictions are in place as to how many people can enter at any one time.
· Sanitiser and disinfectant are available to all members and visitors.
These rules may be amended at any time as the current situation evolves.